Here are some ways to improve results by discovering what’s in your heart.
Have you ever noticed that you feel different when you are following what is in your heart and when you’re not?
Over the years I have noticed a distinct difference and signals.
Some of the main signals that you may not be living and leading from your heart are…
- Worries and fears fill your mind
- Confusion sets in and you can’t see what you want or need to do clearly
- You may feel exhausted and frustrated
- You may get overwhelmed and nervous
A few months ago I had reached a point of feeling stuck. It felt as if I had one foot in my old life and the other foot in my new life. I was constantly looking at many possibilities for improving results of where my life could go. But I had reached the point of feeling ready enough to step fully into my real potential. I wanted desperately to let go of the old and step into the new, but I felt like I really didn’t know how to do it.
I kept thinking about how so many successful people have coaches to help them along. I consider myself a pretty smart person, but I knew I needed help if I was ever going to move forward. Deep in my heart I knew it was the right thing to pursue because I felt relief just imagining it!
I continued to follow this feeling and my heart led me to coaching. During this process my head was trying to figure out how I would pay for it, but after all the pondering my heart told me I had to move forward with this coaching if I wanted to move forward with my life. It was by far one of the best decisions I’ve made for myself, my business, my relationships, and the overall growth of my life.
But when you are following what’s in your heart you improve results and you may notice…
- You feel relieved, excited and energized
- You know clearly exactly what you need or want to do
- What you need to do aligns with what you want to do (I love this part most)
- Your life begins to flow with ease
It was amazing because once I made that commitment to myself, within a few hours I remembered that I had a business credit card I could use to pay for the coaching. My instincts told me that I would be able to pay the card off as long as I keep moving forward.
A few days after committing to a coaching program, I received a few freelance jobs that would pay me enough to make my payments for the next year and a half.
The bottom line is that my coach and I waded through some of my possibilities and potentials. This process helped me to narrow down my purpose in certain projects and to move beyond the imagining phase to the action phase with my writing. This blog is a result of 7 years of visualizing and manifesting and 2 months of coaching to gain clarity. A clarity that has helped me to clear away my distractions, let go of what is no longer serving me, and allowed to me really follow through on the purpose that has been in my heart. I’m excited and honored to be able to share some of my experiences with you.
I realize now that I did know what to do and how to do it; I just needed to get more grounded in myself by increasing my confidence and self-love.
I believe wholeheartedly that all of these occurrences happened to support me in moving forward with my life and stepping into my true potential and purpose.
Some ideas to help you discover what is in your heart
Open up to all the possibilities
- Let yourself imagine what life would be like doing what you love
- Be gentle with yourself, take time to honor your feelings and to discover your true desires. What puts a smile on your face when you think of it?
- Notice if there are any concerns that come up. You may have a belief that is keeping you from moving forward. This is okay. Just notice it and embrace it for the moment. This is where a coach could be imperative to supporting you during this transition of letting go of old limiting beliefs that are no longer helping you as they may have in the past.
Take the time to get to the core of your heart’s desire
- Spend some time alone examining how each possibility makes you feel: eliminate those that do not feel good
- Break things down to one step at a time to gain clarity
- Talk to someone you trust
Be willing to ask for help from someone who will help you follow your heart
- Find someone who has been where you’re headed and is willing to mentor you.
- Surround yourself with people who are better than you at what you want to learn.
I share my journey only to offer a door for you to knock on within your own heart. I would love to hear from you.
With love and gratitude,